FINDING INSPIRATION AS A BLOGGER

PHOTOGRAPHY BY THE TONYE IGBANI
Blogging burn out or writers block is real. Just incase you have heard it in the past and you just dont believe it exists, well, this is mean writing from experience. A few months ago I stopped blogging 'cos I had blogger's burnout and I wasn't feeling inspired generally. I felt bad at that time, but looking at my content now, my focus and commitment, I have come to a conclusion that it was needed.



I'm sharing with you my secrets and basically, how I got my mojo back and dealt with lack of inspiration. Feel free to try some of these tips out and hopefully they work for you.


1.
TAKE A GENUINE BREAK AND RELAX.
As a blogger, when you reach a wall and you are feeling uninspired, its only normal that you panic as to what is the next step. You generally worry about your readers, how they will feel each time they visit your blog and see nothing new. At least I know I felt that way. 
My first tip is don't panic, relax and breath. Its a good start to something bigger and better.

2.
READ OTHER BLOGS.
We all have our favourite blogs, blogs we read when we get the chance to. Take out time to read other blogs, they might just inspire you and motivate you. With my type of blogging, I create content and I consider it a creative process. For  me to be inspired I need to read similar blogs that will motivate me to write again.

3.
READ RELATED MAGAZINES
Blogging and magazines have a few things in common like creative writing, graphics, pictures to mention a few. If you are a fashion blogger, I recommend picking up a few fashion magazines and drawing inspirations from them.

4.
READ YOUR BLOG
This one helped me a whole  lot. It seems weird to read your own blog but reading your blog reminds you of the kinds of content you love and want to create. It shows you how far you have come. I find that when I read my blog, I was motivated to continue to create great content like these.

5,
CONNECT WITH FELLOW BLOGGERS 
Until recently I didn't understand the power of having blogger friends. Blogger friends will keep you in check, support you, motivate and inspire you. When I had that blogging break a few bloggers sent in mail to check on me and it meant the world to know I had a support system. I have a blogpost coming up on this one so wait on it. 


Comments