LESSONS LEARNT FROM A 9-5 JOB



Blogging part time whilst trying to balance a 9-5 job and real life is not as easy as I thought it would be. So for this week’s life lessons, I have decided to share some lessons a regular 9-5 job has taught.
1.
YOUR PERSONAL TIME IS VALUABLE
 Ever since I started a regular 9-5 time has been a big issue for me. Before now, procrastination was my middle name( covers face) I procrastinated a lot ‘cos I had so much time but now that I barely do, I spent the little I have judiciously.

2..
YOU ARE A LEARNER:
This is one trick my mum thought me and my flat mate in Jos( Komiyo) hammered on this one a lot. When you get to a new space with experts, just chill and act as though you don’t know anything. Why? Well you get to learn more as people/humans generally want to show off their level of intelligence.
This point goes two ways, this doesn’t mean that you will go completely dumb but when there is a need for you to speak and let people know where you stand.

3.
BE YOURSELF
 I always feel like I say this often but I really can’t over emphasize how important it is for you to be yourself and not try to impress ‘cos it will show. Being fake or trying so hard to impress people will get you in trouble. With that being said, just be you.
4.
PUNCTUALITY SAVES YOU STRESS
 so I’m currently in the heart of Lagos, its Capital and every morning, there is a high /heavy influx of people and this will automatically leads to heavy traffic. I learnt from experience that its a lot better to be early and chill that to be late and stressed. There is really not much to be said asides that.`




Comments

  1. I have an 8-5 job and sometimes even weekends... It was my major problem because in 2011 or so when I wanted to start blogging, it was the issue I was thinking of, if I could balance it with my job.

    I am a good sleeper so I don't like wasting my weekend at all if am not going to the office. I sleeeeeeeeep throughout!

    But as I got used to the job, I can now balance it with blogging. Write my articles by Sunday evenings. Its not easy though, but I have taken the bull by its horn.


    Brendascouch.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading😊 , please drop a comment...I'll love to know your thoughts πŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ˜€