DEAR DIARY | Can I fall in love please?!

Three months ago back in uni  my dad could not even bear  seeing a boy/guy or even being in a relationship  but now all I hear is 'ilΓ© oko lΓ² n lo' meaning 'you are going to your husband's house ' or I hear  'when you get married'
My cousins( 3 ladies) are getting married this year Good news abi? 'Well maybe , 'the only thing I hear is when you get married ' in my mind I'm like 'please can I fall in love first?! Thank you'
I will be asking my cousins the following questions ' are you in love' if yes what does it feel like?' ' where did you meet?' ' how did you know he was the one?'.. I know right they are weird questions but I must  ask oooooo so I know when I find this love.
This takes me back to chimamanda's speech, the one in the song with Beyonce- flawless.  Oya don't get me wrong , marriage  a great thing but love comes first you know like in  Telemundo and oyinbo movies  ,that love that doesn't make you think straight, maybe not as bad as that but you get what I mean. For some reason I feel these movies exaggerate love 'cos me I don't see people doing some ridiculous things they do in movie like yelling at your parents, you are just dead!!! Don't even come back home or travel to meet the one you love despite all odds without booking ticket ahead. πŸ˜…
Still on this marriage matter, I was having a chat with my mum(who is the coolest mum ) and she was talking about all the outrageously expensive aso-ebi people brought to her and she said your 'the aso-ebi for your wedding' I told her pause ma! Which wedding? When? With who nah?! Abeg I just turned 20, where am I rushing to, I have nysc, masters degree and at least 2-3 years to chop life and she laughed and said ' I had more plans than you'
Wedding will come in due time, not now, let me find Mr. Right and also carefully filter the available ones. By the way, the chances that my mum knows you if you are on my list is 109% 'cos we talk about EVERYTHING -money,fashion,life,my blog,marriage, sex, boys/men, food etc so you better do jeje and get her on your side.
I think I should start using the hashtag #operationfindbae #thisisseriousmatter #whenigetmarried .
Abi what do you think?
Help me help my condition, all of you that have fine guys and perfect gentle men as boyfriends or fiance, how did you find them ooo? Is there like an online store or something? Hook a sister up ...........

Comments

  1. I see where you're going with the hashtags, well what do you know that might just work. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blogoratti. I'm hoping for the best

      Delete
  2. You have a bachelors already at 20? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nysc is the answer.. You will meet that guy that will sweep u off your feet..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on the look out, can't wait. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. ok, now this how to see one. Put up your best pic on social media, attend all owambe.
    make sure you laugh all those cute laugh that attracts the opposite sex, be available in short i will do a video on it soon sef
    fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buiti, this your tip ehn. Thank you ooo. I will work on it

      Delete
  5. Lol at the hashtags. Your last question really got me, it's something I have asked myself a lot before but now I realize it doesn't matter. As you said we are young, it's important to foucs on our relationship with God for now. The right guys will come. Also, I honestly don't believe the way love is portrayed in movies. Check out this article
    I found it very helpful.

    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lmao! Damie you "killed" this post, especially with those hashtags... ahn ahn, I love it. This Love thing is so complicated, its never the same with everybody. God's grace above all.

    www.adezeezee.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Tutu, God's grace is above all. I'm hopping for best.

      Delete
  7. Lol
    Yes oh...where are people finding their husbands oh
    Let us know

    www.desiringyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got u covered Funmi, ones I found out, I'll let you know.

      Delete
  8. LOL A this point in my life ...about to turn 20 in August, I'm a baby. I'm not seen as one anymore, but I feel like one. I just want to graduate with honors and take on internships and travel. My life is too busy for baes ooo. But girl, more grease to your elbows. Tip I heard is that they always come when you're not expecting them.

    Thy Bliss Calls


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bernice, I should probably take your tips and chill.
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading😊 , please drop a comment...I'll love to know your thoughts πŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ˜€